The tour ended at the Central Railway Station, a widely recognized landmark in Kluuvi, part of central Helsinki . . . it is the focal point of public transport in the Greater Helsinki area. The station is used by approximately 200,000 passengers per day, making it Finland’s most-visited building. It serves as the point of origin for all trains in the local commuter rail network, as well as for a large proportion of long-distance trains in Finland. The station building was designed by Eliel Saarinen and inaugurated in 1919. It was chosen as one of the world’s most beautiful railway stations by BBC in 2013. The station is mostly clad in Finnish granite, and its distinguishing features are its clock tower and the two pairs of statues holding the spherical lamps, lit at night-time, on either side of the main entrance.